Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello from Wisconsin

 I'm still in Wisconsin, and I have two weeks until I leave for Germany! On the 19th of July I will be flying to Washington D.C. and meeting with the members of Congress from Wisconsin, since the scholarship I'm on, Congress-Bundestag, is funded by our Congress.  I also have my final orientation before actually leaving for Germany! There's 250 of us from the U.S. that received the scholarship so after our orientation we're all flying into Frankfurt together. After that we're split up and sent to our temporary host families. I'm living in Wegberg, which is about 30 minutes from the Netherlands border(!!!), for the first four weeks. So before school starts I have a month long orientation and language course that will hopefully get me prepared enough to get through the first week of school... Even though I'm super excited about leaving I'm also really nervous. In the pre-departure orientation I went to in May, they told us not to have any expectations so that we can experience everything with an open mind. I have absolutely NO idea what to expect so I think I'm on the right track to having an open mind!
I wanted to make this Blog so that people can follow me where I go over the next year.  So if you have questions, feel free to comment or even suggest places for me to visit : ) Wish me luck.  Auf Wiedersehn!

No comments:

Post a Comment